Paragon Physiotherapy Telehealth Services
Paragon physiotherapists have been offering remote access, online video, or telehealth consults for years with great results. Our physiotherapists are pain and musculoskeletal injury health professionals. They are highly trained in diagnosing injuries, managing pain and providing progressive rehabilitative exercise programs.
All of our highly qualified physiotherapists have experience conducting video consults when clients live or work remotely or are unable to leave their homes.
Via video consults we are able to effectively manage musculoskeletal injuries from the comfort of the clients own home.
Benefits of Telehealth and our service guarantee
Paragon physiotherapists can conduct online video consultations that allow for a thorough assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management of our clients injuries. As with any physiotherapy management plan, our clinicians can educate clients on how to best manage their injuries with appropriate exercise prescription and self-management strategies. Our goal is to provide physiotherapy management that is client-focused; assisting with durable return to work and social activities.
How are telehealth services provided
Paragon physiotherapy video consultations are carried out on the platform Zoom.
Your physiotherapist will email or text you a link or meeting ID to a video consult for the scheduled time. Simply click on the link, which will take you to your internet browser, or copy and paste the ID into the Zoom app at the time of your appointment and the session will begin.
If you have any queries about how video consultations are conducted please feel free to call our admin team on (08) 6118 2176.
What can clients expect
1. Our clients and physiotherapists will be able to see and speak to one another via desktop computer, laptop, iPad, iPhone or other compatible devices.
2. A thorough history will be taken to gather information about the client and their injury.
3. A physical assessment will be conducted to diagnose the injury and establish baseline function.
4. Education will be provided regarding the client’s diagnosis, appropriate activities for their injury, and how to gradually return to pre-injury function.
5. Self-management strategies will be discussed to optimise rehabilitation.
6. Lastly, but certainly not least, appropriate exercise prescription is the cornerstone of any physiotherapy management plan and will be included to progressively return the client back to their usual work tasks/house hold tasks and hobbies.
Why are Telehealth services important right now?
Since the outbreak of Covid-19 more and more businesses have been utilising video conferencing and consulting to reduce the risk of community spreading of the virus. It is paramount that we protect our clients and our staff during these uncertain times. However, we remain vigilant around the impact these restrictions are having on society and telehealth allows continued care for our clients.
Is confidentiality guaranteed?
Yes. All of our physiotherapists maintain the AHPRA national code of conduct standards ensuring privacy and confidentiality. During video consultations our physiotherapists utilise a virtual waiting room function which does not allow anyone to enter a session without the physiotherapist admitting them.
What about hands on treatment?
There are plenty of self-management and treatment strategies that our physios can teach clients which will encourage self-efficacy and empower them to manage their own injury.
We are here to assist you promptly. Please direct any queries/concerns to our admin team on (08) 6118 2176 and if they are unable to answer one of our physiotherapists will return your call.
Telehealth is the delivery of health care services, where distance is a critical factor, by all health care professionals using information and communication technologies for the purpose of providing care to assist with advancing the health of individuals (WHO – The World Health Organization).